My AmeriGas Bill
Invoice, Contract and Fee Information
Below you will find the definitions of items on your invoices, explanations of fees and the standard terms and conditions for residential customers.
These Terms and Conditions do not apply in the state of Vermont. See below for Vermont fee disclosure forms.
Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers:
AmeriGas' new Terms and Conditions are set forth below. Please read this Notice and keep it in a safe place with your other important records. This Notice will modify all prior agreements and will govern your relationship with AmeriGas after the new Terms and Conditions become effective.
For most residential Customers, the new Terms and Conditions will become effective thirty days after the date of this Notice. For Customers with agreements requiring more than 30 days'
notice, the new Terms and Conditions will become effective on the earliest date after the expiration of the notice period required by the agreements. For Customers with agreements that
cannot be modified in this manner, this Notice will serve as a notice of termination and an offer to do business under the Terms and Conditions set forth below, and the new Terms and
Conditions will become effective on the earliest date after the termination.
- RENT FOR LEASED EQUIPMENT. Upon request, the Company will lease and provide to Customer various equipment, including a propane storage tank or cylinder, regulator(s) and
related equipment and appurtenances ("the Leased Equipment"). Customer agrees to pay the Company annual rent during the period the Leased Equipment is used. The amount of the
rent can vary by geography and may be affected by, among other things, the size of the tank(s) and the Customer's actual annual usage. The Company reserves the right to change-out
the Leased Equipment if Customer's propane usage changes or to remove the Leased Equipment during periods of non-usage. Customer agrees that if Customer sells the residence
where the Leased Equipment has been installed, Customer will notify the Company, at least 30 days in advance, that the sale is taking place and will notify the buyer that the Leased
Equipment is owned by the Company.
- PROPANE SUPPLY. Customer agrees to purchase from the Company, and the Company agrees to sell to Customer, all of Customer's propane requirements at Customer's residence
or other specified property. Customer also agrees that only propane sold by the Company will be used with the Leased Equipment.
- FEES, RATES, AND CHARGES.
- General Provisions:
Customer agrees to pay the Company's fees, rates, and charges in effect on the date that propane is delivered or services are rendered. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE
ITS FEES, RATES, AND CHARGES FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. Customer acknowledges that the Company's fees, rates and charges include its procurement costs and
may vary depending upon, among other things, the volume of propane purchased, Customer classification, ownership of equipment and competitive conditions. For Customers who are
billed based on the usage amount shown on a meter attached to the Customer's propane system, the Company reserves the right to bill the Customer based on an estimated usage
amount, which will later be followed-up by an actual reading with the Customer to be: (i) credited to the extent that the estimated amount exceeded the actual propane usage amount or
(ii) charged an additional amount to the extent that the actual amount of propane used exceeded the estimated amount. Customers who receive forecasted or other deliveries of
propane understand and agree that they will not receive prior notice of the price of propane, but may obtain pricing information by calling the local Company
office serving Customer's account. The Company's fees, rates, and charges, if any, are not refundable except to the extent that a refund may be required by law. Customer
understands and acknowledges that Customer may obtain the Company's current fees, rates, and charges by contacting the local Company office servicing Customer's account.
- Current Fees and Charges:
Price Dispute Resolution Procedure:
- Fuel Recovery Fee - This fee, which is assessed for propane deliveries and service calls, helps to offset the significant expenses incurred by the Company in fueling its fleet of commercial motor vehicles. This fee fluctuates on a monthly basis as the Company's cost of fuel fluctuates. The fee as of the date of this Notice is $7.64. For updated fuel recovery fee information, please contact your local Company office on a monthly basis.
- HazMat & Safety Compliance Fee - This fee, which is assessed for propane deliveries and service calls, helps to offset a portion of the costs the Company must incur to comply with federal, state and local government regulations, including, but not limited to, hazardous materials, homeland security, emergency preparedness and workplace safety. It is also used to fund, among other things, vital employee safety training and inspections, cylinder re-qualification, and environmental compliance. THE FEE IS NOT GOVERNMENT IMPOSED, NOR IS ANY PORTION OF IT PAID TO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. The current fee is $9.59.
- Late Charge - This charge is assessed when a Customer does not pay his/her bill within the credit terms established and is designed to recover collection and related costs incurred by the Company. The current charge is 1½% of the average daily balance or a minimum charge of $36, whichever is greater.
- Pump-Out/Restocking Charge - This charge defrays the cost associated with pumping out a tank that contains in excess of five percent, and returning the tank to the Company's inventory. Customers can avoid this charge by continuing service with the Company until the supply of propane in the tank is less than five percent. The current charge is 35¢ per gallon of propane that is pumped out of the tank.
- Special Trip Charge - This charge is incurred by Customers who request immediate deliveries or non-emergency service after business hours or on weekends. This charge can vary greatly due to the distance involved and/or the time required to service this request and will be based on local labor rates which can be obtained from your local Company office.
- Meter Service Fee - This fee is incurred by Customers who are charged for their propane based on an amount of usage as measured by the Company's meter. This fee defrays the cost of meter reading, meter maintenance and related administrative costs. The current fee is $9.99 per month.
- Service Dispatch Charge - This charge is to cover the costs associated with dispatching a service technician to a Customer's residence or other location to perform service work on customer-owned equipment and appliances or to pick-up a Company-owned tank or cylinder. Customers should note that upon arrival at Customer's location, additional charges may be assessed depending upon the nature of the problem. The Service Dispatch Charge is $39.99 and is collected at the time the service or tank/cylinder pick-up is scheduled. This charge will not be credited toward service work performed. Please check with your local Company office regarding the availability of appliance repair service.
- Returned Check Charge - $33.00
Due to the potential pricing volatility in energy markets, every Customer has the right to discuss the price of propane delivered to their account, and the Company will make reasonable
efforts to resolve pricing disputes through a standardized process. If Customer would like to discuss the price of their propane with the Company, Customer should initially contact his/her
local office Customer Relations Representative. If Customer is not satisfied with the resolution after discussions with the local Customer Relations Representative, Customer may advance
the issue to the local District Manager. If a resolution still does not occur, Customer may request the issue be escalated to the Area Director. Any unresolved dispute can be further escalated
to the office of the Operations Vice President if the Customer deems necessary. The local office can provide contact information.
PAYMENT TERMS AND LATE FEES. Customer agrees to pay all fees, rates, and charges required by the Terms and Conditions within ten days after the invoice date or on the due
date, whichever is later, to the location designated by the Company. Where permitted by law, Customer agrees that the Company may send Customer an invoice instead of a delivery
ticket. If Customer fails to pay any fees, rates, or charges within 25 days after the invoice or due date, the Company may, unless prohibited by law, add a monthly late charge of one
and one-half percent of the average daily balance or a late charge of $36.00, whichever is greater. The Company reserves the right to require Customer to pay for propane deliveries or
services in advance or to post a cash deposit, which may be applied by the Company at any time in whole or in part to the outstanding balance.
LICENSES, PERMITS AND TAXES. Customer agrees to pay for all licenses, permits, and taxes associated with the sale or use of the propane and Leased Equipment or service
covered by these Terms and Conditions.
PROPANE SYSTEM MAINTENANCE & REPAIR. Except for the Leased Equipment, Customer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Customer's entire propane system.
TITLE TO EQUIPMENT. The Leased Equipment will at all times remain the property of the Company and will not become a fixture or a part of Customer's real property. IN THE INTEREST
OF SAFETY, CUSTOMER WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS, CONNECTIONS OR DISCONNECTIONS TO THE LEASED EQUIPMENT OR REMOVE OR PUMP-OUT THE
TANK WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE COMPANY. CUSTOMER WILL NOTIFY THE COMPANY IMMEDIATELY IF THE LEASED EQUIPMENT IS DAMAGED OR MALFUNCTIONS OR IF
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE LEASED EQUIPMENT.
ACCESS TO EQUIPMENT. The Customer agrees that the Company has, without prior notice, an irrevocable right of entry and exit to Customer's property to deliver propane or to install,
repair, service, or remove the Leased Equipment, or to perform any other services that it deems necessary under the Terms and Conditions. Customer agrees to provide the Company
with safe, free and unimpeded access to the Leased Equipment, including, but not limited to, access free of ice, snow, water, mud and other hazards, as well as to provide a driveway that
is sufficiently sturdy to withstand the weight of a filled propane truck. Customer will mark or otherwise identify the location of septic systems, leach pits, underground ponds and similar
underground features as necessary to install the Leased Equipment, perform services and make deliveries. The Customer agrees that the Company has no obligation to contact Customer
to request access to the Equipment, but instead may suspend service until Customer has provided access as required by this Agreement. Customer agrees to promptly surrender to the
Company the Leased Equipment when Customer terminates Customer's relationship with the Company for any reason.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT
LIMITATION DAMAGE TO CUSTOMER'S PLUMBING (AND WATER DAMAGE FROM FROZEN PIPES), SEPTIC SYSTEM, DRIVEWAY AND/OR LANDSCAPING.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROPANE, TANK,
CYLINDER, AND/OR RELATED EQUIPMENT OR SERVICE SUPPLIED OR PERFORMED UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ANY PRIOR AGREEMENT OR UNDERSTANDING, INCLUDING
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES (CT, KS, ME, MS, NH, WA, AND WV) DO NOT ALLOW THIS
EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMERS IN THOSE STATES.
TERMINATION. Unless a specific term was agreed upon in a written agreement between the Company and Customer, either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other
party thirty (30) days prior written notice. The Company may terminate this Agreement at any time without prior notice if Customer fails to satisfy any of these Terms and Conditions or if
the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that a condition exists that poses a health or safety threat.
EXCUSED PERFORMANCE. The Company will not be responsible for any delay or damages caused by events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including without
limitation, acts of God, fire, storms, floods, labor disputes, wars, hostilities, compliance with laws or regulations, the Company's inability to obtain propane or equipment from its customary
suppliers, terminal, refinery or pipeline disruptions, allocation programs, lack of or inadequate transportation facilities, or terrorism. Under any of these or similar circumstances, the
Company may allocate propane and equipment among its Customers in any manner that the Company, in its sole judgment, deems reasonable.
CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT. The Company reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions (other than fees, rates, and charges, which may be changed without prior
notice) at any time by giving Customer thirty (30) days prior written notice of the change(s). The notice of change may be in the form of a bill insert, email attachment or other written
notification. By accepting delivery of propane or by paying any fees, rates, or charges after Customer has been given notice of the change(s), Customer will be deemed to have agreed to
the change(s). These Terms and Conditions may not be modified orally.
CUSTOMERS WITH UNDERGROUND TANKS. At the time of installation and removal of the underground propane supply tank and equipment, Customer will mark or otherwise
accurately identify the location of all underground systems that are not marked by the State's "Call Before You Dig" program, including, but not limited to, sprinkler lines, septic systems,
leach pits, underground ponds and similar underground features. Customer is responsible for all costs of the excavation and removal of the Leased Equipment and the Company is
not responsible for furnishing fill, resurfacing, landscaping or restoring Customer's property to its previous condition when the Leased Equipment is removed. The charge to remove an
underground tank can vary greatly and is affected by the size of the tank, access to the tank, the soil conditions and other impediments near or around the tank, among other factors.
Customer will be billed on an hourly basis for this work with local labor rates prevailing. The Company will invoice Customer for any third party excavation work performed in conjunction
with the removal of the underground tank. The Company may at its option charge Customer for the value of the underground tank in lieu of physically removing the tank from the
CUSTOMERS WITH RESIDENCES THAT ARE NOT OCCUPIED YEAR-ROUND. If you are enrolled in the Company's automatic delivery program, you can expect us to make
scheduled periodic deliveries to your vacation/seasonal residence based upon a number of factors, including temperature conditions and the number and types of gas-fueled appliances
in your vacation/seasonal residence. In return, we depend upon you to notify our office if you should change any gas-fueled appliances; use your vacation/seasonal residence more than
normal or any other change or development which may cause your residence to use more propane gas than normal.
Please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused by your failure to notify our office of any changes in your vacation/seasonal residence or its use which
increases your propane gas consumption; and the Company disclaims any and all liability for losses or damages that occur as a result of your failure to provide adequate advanced notice
of a need for a delivery in order to avoid an out of gas situation.
ARBITRATION. Aside from collection matters, Customer and the Company agree that if either party requests, any dispute or controversy between the parties that in any way arises
out of or relates to these Terms and Conditions, or any prior agreement, or the Company's provision of goods or services to Customer, will be decided by binding arbitration in accordance
with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Upon a sufficient showing that Customer cannot afford to pay for arbitration costs, the arbitrator may direct
that the Company bear the costs of arbitration (but not including attorneys' fees). Neither Customer nor the Company shall be entitled to arbitrate joint or consolidated claims by or against
other Customers, or arbitrate any claim as a representative or member of a class or in or as part of a private attorney general capacity. Judgment upon any arbitration award shall be
final and binding on Customer and the Company and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. If a court of competent jurisdiction, or an arbitrator with authority to adjudicate the
matter, should declare all or any part of this arbitration provision invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder of this arbitration provision shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent
permitted by law. In the absence of this arbitration provision, Customer may have otherwise had an opportunity to litigate claims in court and/or to have claims decided by a jury. Within
thirty days of receipt of this arbitration provision, Customer can elect to opt out of this provision (that is, exclude it from these Terms and Conditions) by sending a written notice to the
Company by certified mail at Box 965, Valley Forge, PA 19482, Attn: General Counsel stating that Customer wishes to opt out of this arbitration provision.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ARBITRATION, NEITHER CUSTOMER NOR THE COMPANY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE ITS DISPUTE RESOLVED BY A JUDGE IN A COURT OF LAW AND BOTH
WILL WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. OTHER COURT RIGHTS SUCH AS THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS OR SIMILAR REPRESENTATIVE CASES ALSO WILL BE
WAIVED AND SUCH RIGHTS TO TAKE DISCOVERY AND THE RIGHT TO APPEAL ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LIMITED OR ELIMINATED IN ARBITRATIONS. ON THE OTHER HAND, ARBITRATIONS ARE
VIEWED BY MANY AS BEING A LESS EXPENSIVE, QUICKER, AND MORE EFFICIENT MEANS OF RESOLVING DISPUTES.
SURVIVAL. Some or all of paragraphs 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 and 16 shall survive termination of Customer's relationship with the Company.
CUSTOMER-OWNED EQUIPMENT. The following provisions do not apply to Customer-owned equipment:
- Paragraph 1: Rent for Leased Equipment
- Paragraph 2: Propane Supply as it relates to purchasing propane only from the Company for use in a container leased from it; however, the remaining portions of the paragraph apply.
- Paragraph 3B: Pump-Out/Restocking Charge and Meter Service Fee as it relates to the pick-up of Company-owned Equipment.
- Paragraph 5: Licenses Permits & Taxes as it relates to permits for tank installation; however, the remaining provisions of this paragraph apply.
- Paragraph 7: Title to Equipment
- Paragraph 8: Access to Equipment as it relates to tank installation or removal; however, the remaining provisions of this paragraph apply.
*This information has been provided to you in order to make you aware of the Company's current Terms and Conditions, as well as our current fees, rates and charges. Please visit our
website or call us regularly for updates and/or changes. These terms and conditions shall apply to Customers in all States except where specifically prohibited by law. THE FUEL RECOVERY
FEE AND HAZMAT & SAFETY COMPLIANCE FEE DO NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMERS IN CONNECTICUT.
June 1, 2012, effective August 1, 2012
If you are a New Jersey customer, please click here
to view the Disclosure of Customer Rights and Company Policies. For current fees and terms
If you are a Vermont customer, please click here
to view the EXISTING customer fee disclosure form or click here
to view the INITIAL customer fee disclosure form.
For New Mexico customers, you can view the Important Information For Propane Customers by clicking here for the English
version or here for the Spanish version.
Can't find the answer to your question?
Contact the AmeriGas Location nearest you or contact us:
AmeriGas LocationsContact Us